Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

It must BEE Halloween

We took the little buzzy bee to Boo at the Zoo on Friday night. We got there as soon as it opened and spent an hour trick-or-treating at about 10 different Halloween displays they had set up. It was a really good experience for Grace to start to figure what this is all about. She look so cute in her bee costume and she is such a big girl that she didn't want to be in the stroller at all! They had a path blocked off that led you around the zoo so you really couldn't wander as you would normally. Many of the animals were awake and active, so it was pretty cool. The big cats - jaguar, lions, snow leopard - were especially attentive. I wondered if it was close to their normal dinner time.

When we reached a trick-or-treating station along the path, Grace went up to get her treat from the zoo employee and then we told her to put it in her bag. I liked that they gave things other than candy like fruit snacks, chips, packages of crackers with peanut butter,...They also had a hay maze. I don't really like those mazes normally because I am afraid of getting lost inside of them. It is not fun for me to think about trying to find my way out. But this one was cool because it was short enough that I could see which way to go. No stress for Mommy in this one!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace you look so cute!! It almost made me cry; thinking about Uncle John in a suit just like this one 37 years ago. I need to find a photo to show you,
Love Nana
Mommy looks really happy and pretty, too! Kyle looks cold.
See you soon!

Phyllis said...

Oh my goodness, Grace, your first Halloween costume. How big you have gotten. I think that I will take a trip with Nana to see you before you get too big. It looks like you had lots of fun playing bumble bee. Yes, I remember your Uncle John dressed as a bumble bee, too. And, Mommy, you were so brave to go into the maze. I bet that Grace gave you courage!. Love, Aunt Phyl

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable. Grace, if you come trick or treating to my house, I will give you double candy. I miss you.
Love, Aunt Jill

The Riggs Family said...

She is so cute in that bee costume! I love it! And I can't believe how big she is getting!