Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Going kicking and screaming

I haven't posted much this month. I started my new job on July 26th which means I have been crazy busy during the day and exhausted at night. Looking back, I am so glad we took advantage of the first 5 weeks in June and early July for summer fun. Yesterday, we went to the pool for the last time - it closes today because the lifeguards are all high school and college students who are going back to school this week. It was in the mid-80s and sunny and it just didn't feel like the end of summer. I don't want it to end. Bathing suits, sunscreen (or sunSCREAM, as Grace calls it!), eating outside...ahhh. Even though I like fall, I think this year I am going into it "kicking and screaming"!
Today was a little cooler so we went for a hike in the national park near us. Grace and Daisy had a great time climbing on the giant rocks and exploring the woods.

What are you doing, Grace?
Being the Statue of Liberty.
Ritchie Ledges is a popular part of this park for the massive rocks that formed 320 million years ago from the sediment of a muggy swamp. Today, the ledges are covered in moss and are home to plants and animals that are perfectly adapted to this cool, damp environment.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Yes, Aunt Phyl would go kicking and screaming into Fall, too! What fun Mommy and Daddy made for you this summer, but, it is time to learn and grow up to be smart like Mommy. I love the way you imitated the Statue of Liberty.

cathybcareers said...

Glad to see Daisy was out playing too! The park looked very pretty. Good shirt! I am sort of looking forward to the fall and the changing colors in 'my park"! Hate the idea of shoes and boot versus flip flops and sandals.