The entire second grade had a timeline project to do over the long Presidents' Weekend. They have been reading biographies of famous Americans so this fit in with the important events of other people's lives. We looked back at the blog books from Grace's 7 years and she chose events that were significant to her. It was a lot of fun remembering how little she was and I was really happy that I have been taking photos and recording milestones. We even had exact dates of when these things (and many others) happened.
For her "glorious moments" Grace chose:
- The day she was born in Guatemala (May 23, 2007)
- When she moved to Ohio (March 12, 2008)
- The day she walked 8 steps on her own (July 27, 2008)
- Getting her first pet (she doesn't consider Daisy "hers") - a goldfish named Dorothy (May 1, 2009)
- Going to New York to meet Connor and Ryan (July 13-17, 2009)
- Starting music/piano lessons (February 25, 2012)
- The first day of kindergarten (August 24, 2012)
- When she lost her first tooth (January 2, 2013)
- Starting ballet (September 2, 2014)
- Getting her ears pierced (December 26, 2014)
This one is my favorite photo from today....I told Grace to pose like a 3rd grader! She has been telling me she is getting closer to being in 3rd grade every day.
Of course, Buddy needed to come see what was going on. Look at how BIG he is getting! That cat is always hungry and we find him eating Daisy's food several times a day.