Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Keep her little

Grace seems to be growing up over night.  I love that we have a combination of a big kid with a mind of her own and a curiosity about the world. She wants us to give her the freedom to go play at her friends' houses in the neighborhood without a chaperone to walk her there. She has been great about getting dressed in the morning without 100 reminders and she comes home from school and calls me every day, like clockwork before making a snack and "chilling out" until I get home. There is some talk about boys, going to the high school football game, and the Halloween dance.


But, then we have these times when Grace wants to cuddle, play with her Calico Critters and Lori dolls, and asks me to dry her after a bath, and lay with her before she goes to sleep.  I cherish those moments as I hold on dearly to my little girl. I just need time to slow down a little....


No comments: