Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Tween Halloween

Huh!  I like that title!  It perfectly describes the "in between" phase we are in right now... not quite a kid and not really a teenager.


I volunteered to chaperone the Lakeview Intermediate School Halloween "shindig" last night which was....interesting.... Lots of "tweens" not really sure what to do with themselves. I can see why they don't call it a dance. Despite having a DJ, very few students were dancing. They were hanging out talking, taking selfies, and going up and down the inflatables (see? little kid stuff).  I was happy to see Grace in her element, though.  Her teachers say she has a lot of friends, is always participating, and is kind to everyone.  That makes me proud!


With Kylie Barth 
With Sara Sibit



Grace and Kyle managed to get their pumpkins designed and carved right before Trick-or-Treat night in Stow.  They turned out cute. I love how our "tween" decided what she wanted hers to look like.




And then Grace, Jacob, and Jamir went out to Trick-or-Treat together.  Jill took them bowling earlier in the day and the three of them had a mustache-wearing contest.

Jacob gave up first. Jamir has his on under the mask...I know.  I kept checking. They wore it through the night but Grace was relieved to take hers off as soon as we separated from the boys to walk home.  That girl has a strong will!


And, this last photo is just to remind us how beautiful fall is in Ohio. It was even prettier than this! I am so grateful to have this path in our backyard.


As my UVA friends say... Happy Fall, Y'all!



No comments: