Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

The beginning

We have a snow day today and I should be taking advantage of the time off by accomplishing some things on my "to do" list. But I think the "blog bug" has gotten to me after reading my friends' posts and realizing what a great gift this could be for Grace some day. So, I have taken the plunge, so to speak. I have never been one to keep a journal, so I am not sure what will happen here.

My intention is to really begin on Gotcha Day - whenever that day comes. But it makes sense to give some background and show what has brought me to this point.

This picture was the "beginning" with Grace - three days old and at 8 pounds, 2 ounces she was probably a big baby by Guatemalan standards. She actually weighed in at 9 pounds when she was born! I still laugh when I see this picture. Just look at those cheeks!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Those cheeks are FABULISCIOUS! Love the picture!