Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

My Juliet

In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Juliet says the following to Romeo:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet...

reminding us that WHO a person is matters more than what they are called. I had the same experience with Grace on Saturday. I received the first document where she officially and legally had my last name! (Okay, that is pretty cool!) It was the DNA results from the lab and it was great to see her picture (a Polaroid of her sitting up like a big girl in the waiting room) and know that it is now just a matter of weeks until she will be home forever. The DNA confirmed that she is the same person they tested in June - it was a 100% identical match.

It doesn't matter what she is called - Grace, her birth name, my last name, another last name - I know she is that same little girl I fell in love with from a picture and a video almost 9 months ago. I didn't need the DNA results to tell me that!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Well, Mom sent me the picture, and I was waiting PATIENTLY, for the blog news. She looks so adorable, I just want to grab her and kiss that little face.