Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Black holes have simple feeding habits

Since Grace's 1st birthday my house has turned into a black hole for small objects. To date, we have lost and not found....
  • the white socks she wore with her birthday dress that I wanted her to wear at the photography studio for her one year pictures. They were cute, with pink lace and I remember taking them off her and saying to myself, "I'll put these here (who knows where "here" was) so I will have them for the pictures." Still missing....
  • The bib she wore when she was eating her birthday cake. No clue what happened to that.
  • The #3 cube in a set of nesting/building cubes that are numbered 1-10. It is not such a big deal that #3 is lost, except in my obsessive compulsive mind. The toy still "works" without #3. I mean, really, it is only a set of cardboard boxes. They aren't going to last forever anyway. Daisy could have eaten this one.
  • A blue cup that is the bottom of Cookie Monster's mouth on an activity table. Grace loves this table. When you lift Cookie Monster's head he sings about getting a COOKIE. I always thought it was weird that this piece was not attached, so I guess I am not surprised that it is gone.
  • A small, round, red, piece for a shape sorting toy I bought Grace TODAY! This one Daisy could have eaten, but I know she didn't because I was right here when the piece went missing. It is driving me crazy. It has to be here somewhere.
Just so you know...some items do make it back from the black hole. Like Grace's sippy cup with milk in it. I am glad I found that one before it started to smell!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Every home has a black hole. Mine eats socks, important papers, etc. Uncle Mickey swears it's the kitchen counter, but I never put socks there. So, your's is not unique.

Anonymous said...

Our house has a black hole - it is called Hannah's room. Once things end up in there, we can all kiss them goodbye. The beauty of the black hole is that it makes you realize you can live without things you thought were irreplaceable! Good luck finding the socks - we have many missing mates here down in Florida! Love to Grace.