Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Fun to Be One!

It is a little unfair to have to celebrate Grace's 1st birthday so soon after her homecoming. Everyone tells me to enjoy every minute with her because the time goes by so fast. I have been so lucky to have been a part of Grace's life this first year, but I just wasn't ready for her to turn one. However, there was no way I would let this milestone day go by without a celebration. It was important to me that we celebrate on her actual birthday. Even though it was a workday, Friday, May 23rd began the Memorial Day weekend, so Grace's birthday was the perfect start the holiday. Nana and Big Daddy flew in and we shared a light dinner and birthday cake with family and a few close friends. I am certainly no Martha Stewart, but I wanted to bake Grace's first cake. I also baked a "crush" cake (to match the big cake) which didn't make it past the icing stage. It was lopsided, but I could accept that. The problem came when I attempted to cover it. The wrap got stuck on the icing and messed it up. So, I got a taste of the cake before the big day. Pretty good...if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I love the look on her face with the candle! What a special day for her. Give a big hug and kiss from Aunt Phyl...love to you all