Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

You know it is time to return to work when...

Many years of working and accumulated medical leave gave me the opportunity to spend 10 weeks (mostly) away from work with Grace. I have loved every minute of playing with her and watching her adjust and develop. But, you know it is time to return to work when....
  • You not only know the names of the characters on the kids' programs but the episodes are starting to be reruns.
  • Baby food starts to taste good.
  • You find yourself singing children's songs in the shower.
  • You reach into your pocket for a lipstick and instead find a half-eaten cookie.
  • You put your daughter's bow in your hair just for a minute so you don't lose it. When you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror hours later it is still there AND you actually think it looks cute.
  • You listen to the kids' CD in your car...when you are alone!
  • Getting dressed the morning after one of those nights when the baby didn't sleep much, you mistake diaper rash cream for hair gel.
  • You are actually tired of watching the Today show.
I go back to work full time today. I am okay with it since this is our reality - Mommy works. It would be amazing if I could work part time or if I could see Grace in the middle of the day....hmmmm...maybe I need to write a grant to start a daycare in our school district.....

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Love that tongue, lol. You are going to miss her, my dear.

Nancy said...

You made me laugh! I wore Maya's $8.00 no slippy clippy on the V of my shirt all day yesterday. The Superintendent commented that he thought it was a fashion statement!

cathybcareers said...

Remember "Single Moms" it is not quantity it is about quality!!