Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 2, 2008

Who needs toys?

We had just come home from Babies R Us where I looked at developmental toys recommended by the child psychologist at Grace's assessment on Wednesday - Cabbage Patch Newborn and other realistic baby dolls, push"walkers", a shopping cart, a play kitchen, Magnadoodles, etc. She hasn't been feeling well, so Grace doesn't want me to be far away from her. So, while I looked through some literature on these toys I gave her a basket of plastic lids from the kitchen cabinet. Okay, so she wasn't identifying body parts, perfecting her balance, or learning to write, but she was perfectly happy for more than 30 minutes. And, it is nice to see her smile! We can work on our "skills" tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Simplicity at its best! She looks happy and that's the best lesson for all of us to learn!

Phyllis said...

Hey that's what you and your cousins played with, and I think you all turned out just fine!