Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Visitors

Jamie and Ryan visited us this afternoon! They came all the way from Arizona for a friend's wedding this weekend. And, with two families, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, and so many people who wanted to see them, we were so glad they wanted to come see Grace, Daisy, and me. The sun even came out for most of the time they were here, but when they left, it was starting to rain...and they were driving in a classic convertible with no top!

The first thing Jamie said when she got out of the car was, "Lynn, you are glowing!". I certainly feel that way, so it is incredible to think I might look like that to others. Maybe it had to do with my early summer tan, but I like to think the "glow" is radiating from within because I am so happy to be Grace's mom. She has added a dimension to my life that I never realized would be so fulfilling.

It was so much fun to see Jamie and Ryan and I could tell Grace liked them both right away. I loved the way that Grace cuddled up to them when they were holding her. She used Ryan as her own personal jungle gym and played with his hair, and "helped" Jamie look through the scrapbook I made of the milestones during this first year. Jamie is an amazing teacher so I know she is observant and educated about child development. It was nice to hear that she thought Grace has a sweet personality, even though she was more quiet than she is when it is just the two if us hanging around the house. Jamie said that she feels like she already knew Grace from our conversations and the posts on this blog. I am glad that the blog is presenting Grace accurately. It is really hard to know if I am too biased in what I choose to write.

I am really disappointed that we didn't get a picture of Jamie and Ryan with Grace. I was having such a nice time just visiting with them that (for once) I didn't think about taking out the camera! Next time....

They brought us this beautiful deep pink Gerber daisy plant.

Here it is in our house.We are going to plant it in our garden and watch it grow along with Grace.

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Cute t-shirt it matches the flowers. Grace is getting so big; I am counting the days to see you both. Just 17 now.
Love Nana

The Riggs Family said...

Glad you liked the strawberry lemonade. :-) Hopefully we'll get to see you and meet Grace when we're up later this summer.

Phyllis said...

Lynn, you do glow, and it comes through on the blog. Nothing makes me happier than to hear how happy you are.