Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friday Night Lights

Grace went to her first high school football game last night. High school football is a pretty big deal around here and even more so when it is homecoming weekend. The weather was nice, so I decided it was a good night to take Grace with me.

There was so much going on - the lights, two bands, cheerleaders, fans shouting and using noisemakers in the stands, and the team on the field....I am not sure what she thought, but she clung to me much more than she usually does. Okay, she really never clings to me, being an independent child. So, the fact that she was holding on to me at all was pretty significant. But, I think she had a good time. The cheerleaders and the band members were so sweet to her, taking pictures and showing her their instruments and pom-poms. We stayed until halftime so Grace could see the band perform. And when we finally left, she was really tired. She went right to bed as soon as we got home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace,
You and Hannah are such big girls. She went to her first high school football game last night, too! Wow! It looked like you had a great time - Hannah sure did! Love to you and your mommy!
Love,
Aunt Jill

Phyllis said...

Gee, Grace, I bet it was hard to give up those pom poms, but you look like a real cheer leader