Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mommy's little helper

Boy, was I grateful for a little help around the house this week! It has been a busy start to the school year with teachers returning last Monday and students a couple of days after that. I haven't been at work late, but the 5:00AM mornings are already killing me! So, this week, I hired a cleaning service and was thrilled to come home to a clean house yesterday. If you know me, you know that I clean a little every day. There are certain things that have to be done daily - like the kitchen countertops - and some things I do every couple of days - vacuum (because of Daisy's hair!). But, there are some cleaning jobs I hate to do and therefore avoid....scrubbing the bathtub and washing the hard wood floors, to name a couple. I am not sure if I am going to have the cleaning ladies come again but it is very possible that I might just have them come and do those jobs that I would rather not do myself!

And today I got some help from another "lady"....Grace likes to help me do the laundry. She stands in front of the open dryer and I hand her one article of clothing at a time from the washer. I tell her, "Put it in" and she does then holds out her hand for the next thing! It is so cute and I think it is never too early for her to learn that we all contribute to keeping the house running. She is in this stage right now of taking things out of boxes, drawers, cabinets and then putting them back in so helping with the laundry is a natural fit. When all the clothes are in we close the door and watch them go around!

2 comments:

Donna said...

How cute can mommy's little helper get? It's really amazing seeing her grow and develop into this amazing little girl. I really enjoy watching this blog and The Vital Link, of course. For a girl who hated hats just a few months ago, she sure has many of them.

Phyllis said...

Wow, what a big girl! Now she can come help Aunt Phyl do her laundry (smile)