Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Half and half

No, this post isn't about coffee cream....

It is about fate, destiny, a higher power, a plan that is set for all of us. If you know me, you know that I am not very "religious" in the traditional sense of the word. Maybe going to Catholic school did that to me. But after having Grace in my life, I have become more "spiritual" and, for her, I would like to think that there is "something" or "someone" out there...Today is December 17, 2008.

I started this blog exactly one year ago today on a whim. We had a snow day and I was bored - stuck at home because the roads were too bad to navigate. At the time I didn't know how much or how often I would write. I didn't know when Grace would be coming home. And, I had no idea what challenges and celebrations 2008 would bring.

But how is this for coincidence?.... TODAY - December 17, 2008 - exactly one year to the day that I started recording our history - marks the day that Grace has been with me longer than she was with her foster family during those first months of her life.

I could not have known that back on December 17th last year. What made me pick that particular day to post her baby picture and start this journal? I had thought about starting the blog off and on for a couple of weeks before that, but didn't take the initiative and get it started. Why then, did I choose to start on this day that would eventually mark a special date for Grace and me? A little spooky...but it certainly makes you think there is a plan out there. Somehow it was all meant to be. And it is only one of so many coincidences that surround Grace coming into my life.

For example....
Did you know that weeks before Grace was even born my horoscope (which, by the way I rarely read) said that at a Gemini was going to change my life? Why did I end up reading my horoscope on that particular day?

They also say that there is often a connection between people we love who die and babies that are born. My grandmother died on a Wednesday that was the 23rd of the month and Grace was born on (you guessed it) a Wednesday the 23rd day of May.God's plan? Destiny? Fate? I certainly don't have the answer...but whatever it is, I am sure Grace and I were meant to connect at that exact moment. We needed each other. I know she has enriched my life in so many ways already and I hope that someday when she can speak for herself she will say the same thing about me.

I read a quote recently, that seems to fit the way I feel right now:

"So when they ask how far love goes, when my job is done you'll be the one who knows..."

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

I believe the same! Grace was waiting for you. It's all in THE PLAN. Love Mom

Phyllis said...

I agree with Nana. Somewhere it is all written down. There is a rhyme and a reason to everything in life. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, some things cannot be easily explained. Ergo, THE PLAN!

Love, Aunt Phyl