Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Good, clean fun

Yesterday, Grace had her first experience with shaving cream. When I taught first-graders (back in the day) sometimes I used to let them use shaving cream on their desks to practice their letters and simple spelling words. It is a great activity for sensory and fine and gross motor development. So I bought some for Grace this week and let her experiment. Update to answer Aimee's question in the Comments section: Our kitchen table is glass, so I didn't have to put anything on it to protect it. But I have heard other people use a plastic table cloth (like the ones you get for parties) and then just fold it up and put it in the garbage. That would make clean up easy!

At first she was hesitant and I had to put my own hands in it to show her that it was okay to touch. It didn't take long after that for Grace to get her hands full of it!Since Grace was fully occupied, I got to play with my camera a little and experiment with the focus. Notice it is on Grace here...and on her hands here.She didn't know the shaving cream was on her nose, ......but she certainly, deliberately, put it all over her arms, clothes, neck and chest! It must have felt good on her skin.We went right into the bathroom for a bath after this!(Grace's hair is pulled back in a "pony" because we had just come back from the pool at the health club!)

5 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Fun fun! Did you put anything on the table first?
She looks adorable with her hair back!!

cathybcareers said...

I thought Mommy planned the aire back too! Great fun, Grace looks like such a big girl today.
Love
Nana

The Riggs Family said...

What a great idea! She probably smelled good afterward too!

Phyllis said...

Hopefully Grace didn't try to eat it like whipped cream..she sure would have been surprised! Great shots

Kellie said...

That looks like tons of fun! I really like her hair back...she looks so much older! NO..they can't grow up! You took some great shots!