Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's MY Daisy

This morning Grace wore a new shirt to school for St. Patrick's Day. I loved the shirt when I bought it because, although it was green it wasn't a St. Patrick's Day shirt so she would get more use out of it than just this one day.

Now you have to understand....dressing an almost-3-year-old at 6 AM is usually not an easy task. She is tired and just wants to cover her head with her blanket. Most days she holds her arms down at her sides so it makes taking her pajama shirt off and putting her daytime clothes on difficult. She swings her feet around so they are moving targets that I have to catch to successfully put socks and shoes on. And, don't even get me started on the whole hair situation! Some days Grace has the worst case of bedhead and it requires a lot of coaxing, begging, and bribery to get her to allow me to spray a little water to tame it in a bow or ponytail. Are you getting the picture???

So, today, I tried to get Grace interested in wearing her new T-shirt by pointing out the pretty flowers. Hmmmm....that got one eye to open from behind the blanket. Then I told her the flowers were called Daisies. Uh oh. Daisy? Isn't that the dog's name? So she asked, "Where MY Daisy?" (meaning Daisy the Dog) as she tried to understand what I meant by calling these flowers "Daisy". It was like the "Who's on First?" episode of The Three Stooges (or was it Laurel and Hardy?) for a couple of minutes there while I tried to explain that our Daisy was named after the daisy flowers that were on her shirt. Huh?Actually, Grace eventually got it. When she was eating breakfast she showed me the flowers on her shirt and said, "Mommy, these Daisy". Yes! And then on our way out she asked, "Where MY Daisy?" I could see the dog, resting on the couch, lift her head up at the sound of her name....

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace; It's good to learn the names of flowers. Today Nana put lots of daisys on the terrace in New York. Mine are yellow and white. Everyone in New York today was dressed in Green and marching down 5th Avenue for the 249th St. Patrick's Day parade. Love the bow too.
Nana

Kellie said...

I love, love, love that shirt! That could not be any cuter for St. Patrick's Day! I bet you didn't know that one of my favorite flowers are daisies! I love them and I love sunflowers! Happy St. Patrick's Day! (and thanks for the bow too!)