Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

F is for Family

Each month, the teachers at Grace's school follow a themed curriculum. Everyone in the whole school from infants (yes, the have a curriculum for infants!) through school aged children use the same theme as the backdrop for all their subjects with age appropriate activities. So, when you walk down the halls or look into the classrooms you can see that everyone is doing the same type of thing, just progressively more in depth based on their age. This month the theme has been about self, family, and community.

The teachers in Grace's room made show and tell easy on parents this week by providing us with a big, white letter "F" and asked us to decorate it with the theme "F is for Family". So, one night this week, Grace sat on my lap at the computer and we looked for her favorite photos of some of the people in her family. I loved how she had such a strong opinion about putting pictures of "my Dawson" and "my Connor" in. I printed and cut them and she glued them on the F. That was really hard for (control freak) me but I tried not to adjust the photos too much from where she wanted them. I only moved them if she covered up someone's face (really!). We included a quote from a Laurie Berkner song "If you're in my heart, you're in my family". (If you don't know Laurie Berkner, you probably don't spend much time watching Nick, Jr.!)

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I think Grace's family is amazing and Dawson is proud to be a part of it! I'm just like you Lynn..it's hard to not want to move things to make them just perfect! A little help never hurt anyone! What happened with last week's share? I've been looking for the results.

cathybcareers said...

Wow! Great Family ideas. Nana and Ba had a Big F is Family weekend. Cousin Jessica got married. It was fun hugging and kissing Famiy

Phyllis said...

Grace, we are all so lucky to have you in our FAMILY...