Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pumpkins, horses, and skeletons...oh my!

We got our first dose of fall fun this afternoon when we went to a local garden center for their Fall Festival. I was looking for a scarecrow to decorate the front of our house (I didn't find one!) but we really went so Grace could ride a pony. Good thing we went straight to the horses as soon as we arrived, because it was a LONG wait for our turn. But that gave me the opportunity I needed to walk around the garden center and choose some fall decorations.Grace ended up riding the horse she wanted (there were three choices)....this pretty one named "Lady".While we waited we chose some pumpkins and checked out some Halloween decorations including a graveyard outside. Grace was fascinated with a moving, life-sized Frankenstein, but she wouldn't get close enough for me to take a picture! She reminded me it was "petend" (pretend), saying, "I'm not scared, Mommy. It's petend."

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace, Nana and Ba know for sure that most everything that scares you is "just pretend". Looks like you had fun on lady. I can;t wait to go to a fall Festival with you too! Just 18 more days. Love Nana

Kellie said...

We did the exact same thing today! Tried to call you guys? Great day for some Fall fun!

Phyllis said...

Halloween is all about pretend...but, some can be scary. Especially when you are three.