Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Painting puppy paws

This week Grace is supposed to bring "something her pet uses" to school for show and tell. So, I asked Grace on Monday morning what she wanted to bring. I was thinking about a leash or a toy. But Grace's first response was "paws!" Funny. Daisy does use her paws, but I was stumped about how we were going to bring them to school. Then, we got the idea to put paint on Daisy's paws and bring the paint prints to show her friends at school. As the words came out of my mouth my brain was anticipating all the problems we were going to have trying to get paint on Daisy's feet and then get the paint on the paper! But, always up for the challenge, I figured it would be a fun activity, too. And, I knew that I had a lot of brown wrapping paper in the garage that just might work for this project....

So, I used a pan with washable paint, some brushes, and a long strip of paper. We all went outside on the driveway and this was the result:Of course, Grace wanted her feet painted, so we went back outside and then compared her feet to Daisy's. We looked at how they were the same and different and whose were bigger.And, just for the record, it is REALLY difficult to convince Grace to let me take a picture of her. I hope it won't be long before she realizes it is just easier to stop for a second and smile for me! Most of the time I have to get lucky to catch her looking at the camera.

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace, Nana and Ba are wondering what Daisy was thinking. She is just a good dog. Mommy said she had patience. It will be fun at show and tell tomorrow. When we come to see you; maybe you can do show and tell for us.

Phyllis said...

How did show and tell go? I must say, Grace, you are one creative little girl! And Mommy, you must be so proud that you have brought this out in her.