Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

A shower and a reality check

On Friday, my friends at work held a baby shower for me. I was overwhelmed and thrilled that so many people attended. Grace and I received so many thoughtful, creative, and generous gifts! And...with dozens of educators in the room, you can imagine how many books are now filling up her bookcase. There were even several in Spanish!

The reality of all this really hit me on Friday morning as I was driving to work. I have to admit, I panicked a little as all of a sudden it became REAL! Oh, sure, we still have months ahead of us (hopefully not too many - come on Barrios, we need your signature!) but after 15 months of paperwork, phone calls, interviews, red tape, trips to Guatemala, and WAITING, we are in the home stretch. Now I have the baby gear in the house and I have started to decorate Grace's room. All I need is Grace to come home!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

WELL! It's about time! Start plans for adding on a room! You will need it, and while you're at it order an extra washer and dryer!

This is exciting news!
Pacienza, my dear, pacienza!
Good things come to those who wait!