Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cotton Candy

Grace's room reminds me of cotton candy. (As soon as the furniture is delivered tomorrow, I will post some pictures.) It is all girly, soft pinks and greens. The light filters through the window blinds and green sheer curtains in the front of the house, which faces north. When I open the door it is like stepping into one those machines that makes sweet, fluffy spun cotton candy.

Thanks to Nana and Big Daddy, Grace has a colorful floral rug and furniture from the new GenAmerica line. It is a deep merlot-colored wood with brushed metal handles on the dressers. I love the how the crib is classic and traditional but contemporary at the same time. I remember having my bedroom furniture for such a long time. It ended up getting painted a few times to match my changing taste as I grew up. It was sturdy and lasted for years. Those are some of the things I was hoping for when we chose these pieces.
I am still deciding on accessories (shelves, pictures for the walls, fabric butterflies that hang from the ceiling), but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Love the room, Lynn. You have great taste!