Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Encounter with the Easter Bunny

We didn't go to the mall planning to take a picture with the Easter Bunny. I guess that is a sign of a new mom - I didn't even think about it. So Grace didn't have on her "Sunday Best" or a cute Easter dress. But when we got there and I saw everyone waiting to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap, I thought, '"Why not? It's her first Easter" and we got in line. We waited our turn while Grace ate a Gerber pinwheel snack and I was worried that if we got up there before she finished it, I was going to be in big trouble if I had to take it away. She looked at the Easter Bunny and and didn't cry so I took the next step and put her on his lap. Oh no! The tears started as soon as her little butt touched down. And, they snapped the picture! Now, it was probably cute, but I really didn't want that to be the way we commemorated this milestone, so the Easter Bunny gave Grace a plastic egg, I asked if we could try again, and this is the second shot. Not bad. I didn't dare ask for another "take" since there were others in line. But, as my mother knows, it is hard to take a good picture of a moving target like Grace. She is always looking at something other than the camera!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh my Gosh! How cute is she! Grace looks so happy at home with Daisy. The Easter Bunny pic will be the center of many stories in her future!