Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Investment Advice

I know the stock market has been dropping tragically this year, so I wanted to offer this free investment advice to all my friends and family out there. If you invest in any of these companies you are sure to make money because I think Grace and I are single-handedly improving their net worth with our purchases alone:
  • Gerber - We buy Gerber rice cereal, Graduates vegetables, fruit, and those delicious combo meals of meat or chicken and mixed vegetables that are the oddest orange, brown, and yellow colors. Grace LOVES the wagon wheel and puffs snacks and I ALWAYS need some on hand to help her stay quiet when she is getting cranky. These are especially good in the back seat of the car!
  • Huggies - What would the world be without Huggies diapers and wipes? I can't tell you how many wipes we go through in a day. They are great for everything from what they are made for (diaper changes and sticky hands) to wiping baby "ick" off the car door, cleaning the countertops, and wiping Daisy's muddy paws.
  • Nestle - Grace is lactose intolerant and had been on Nestle NAN formula in Guatemala. I brought one can back with me figuring I could get more here. Then I found out that NAN is only available in Latin America. I figured we could wean her off the NAN and move to any soy-based formula available here. Nope. That didn't work. She hated the Similac and some other brands I tried. Luckily, she has taken to Nestle Good Start which is the closest we can come to NAN without traveling back to Guatemala.
  • Bounty - I use as many paper towels in a day as I do Huggies wipes!
  • Windex, Fantastik, and whoever makes Rock Doctor Granite Cleaner - Yes, I have an issue with clean counters, tables, windows, and mirrors. I am constantly cleaning fingerprints and doggie nose prints! Daisy hasn't figured out that she can't get the food from the bottom of the glass table so her nose prints are under there too!
  • Spray and Wash - Everything gets a spray before it goes in the laundry basket. I have been doing more laundry than ever before, but it still sits for a day or two before I have enough to make a load. This is compared to once a week or more, BG (= Before Grace)!
  • No Slippy Hair Clippy - My parents have told me that when I was little people mistook me for a boy because I didn't have much hair. They used to tape bows to my head to stop that from happening. Maybe that is why I am obsessed with bows for Grace. No Slippy Hair Clippy makes the cutest ones but they are expensive so I am a little neurotic about not losing them. It doesn't matter, though, because Grace is a magician and can make them disappear in the blink of an eye. So, I am sure I will be back on the website replacing favorite ones until she is old enough to tell me she doesn't want bows in her hair. Then, I'll be selling them on eBay!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

what a fun blog today. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading them, and how close I feel to you.

cathybcareers said...

funny blog, I think I may have to take come of my FU money to invest in these companies.

Love You Mom