Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

11-month old jet setter

Grace is 11 months old today! She weighed in at 17 pounds, 3 ounces this week at the doctor's office, which means she has gained about 1/2 pound in the last month. I see changes in her every day as my baby is becoming a little girl. Grace is still working on crawling and taking her first steps. Her curiosity is obvious to everyone who meets her. She watches and observes but, lately, I see more of an adventurous nature in her as she is starting to investigate and explore new things...trying to pull herself up on furniture, opening cabinet doors, finding the smallest thread on the carpet, dropping anything to see what happens when it falls, and maneuvering herself over to the wall to see what the plug is all about. She "discovered" the butterflies hanging from the ceiling in her room and now we need to touch them to make them move as part of the bedtime routine. And, Grace can do the American Sign Language sign for "more" ( I have witnesses!) although the sign is elusive whenever I have the camera out!Tomorrow we will be flying to Florida to see Nana and Big Daddy and to meet some family members. My little jet setter is off on another plane ride for a new adventure!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You go, Gypsy Girl! Have a wonderful time!

Phyllis said...

YAY YAY YAY I get to meet my new Grand-Niece.....