Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Christening at St. Lucy's

We couldn't have chosen a better location for Grace's baptism or better godparents to love and guide her throughout her life. The weather was amazing on Saturday, April 26th with a shining sun and a warm Florida breeze. Grace was surrounded by family as she was welcomed into the Catholic church by Father Grace at St. Lucy's.

Godparents Aunt Nancy and Uncle Chris outdid themselves with this amazing, silk christening gown and matching bonnet.

They also gave Grace her first cross, which we know she will wear in the future. I am sure it will be part of her First Communion.

Grace cried throughout the ceremony. But Father Grace was so sweet and told me later not to worry about it!
After the ceremony and at least 30 minutes of "photo ops", Nana and Big Daddy took everyone to lunch. It was a perfect day, but the guest of honor decided to nap anyway! All that praying, picture-taking, and eating was just too much for our little angel!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Grace looks like an Angel! What a wonderful celebration...and Nana has Grace's hand on her cheek...OMG...brought tears to my eyes...everyone looks so proud of Amazing Grace!

Phyllis said...

Even though I was there, and saw it all, I still get chills looking at the pictures. Kiss my little mush mouth for me!