Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good, clean fun!

This morning we went to see The Bubble Lady at the public library. Kellie, Dawson, and Kellie's niece met us there for some good, clean fun!Since "bubbles" was one of Grace's first words and still a favorite thing in our house I was hopeful that this show would be something Grace would enjoy. The bubbles were pretty cool - hundreds of bubbles floating through the air at one time, huge bubbles that people could stand inside, and even square bubbles! I had heard about shows like this, but never saw anything like it in person.

The bubble lady started by telling us that she LOVES bubbles and that she uses dish detergent and water to make her bubble solution. As a kid, she always lost the wand that came inside her bottle of bubbles so she experimented with other things that would make different kinds of bubbles.

She made bubbles using giant sunglasses, a Pringles can,
a Hawaiian lei,a flexible tube,a Croc shoe,a loop of string,and lots of other things!
Grace seemed to enjoy it! She kept saying "Ooohhh" and "Bubbles" as she pointed to them.It also made me laugh how she had to carry Kellie's Flip video camera the entire time. At some points she held it up like she was taking a picture. I guess she sees me with the camera constantly snapping pictures of her!We got to the library early so we were able to sit right up front. This allowed Dawson and Grace to get up and move around a little, but (once again!) it was difficult to get pictures of them facing us.
Toward the end of the show The Bubble Lady used a big hoop and put people inside the bubble!Grace and I even got to try! We had to stand on a big brick block inside a kiddie pool of bubble solution. I think Grace was a little afraid but it was fun to be inside a bubble for a few seconds. As Kellie pointed out...I wouldn't want to live in a bubble!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

OH MY What FUN!!! Aunt Phyllis LOVES Bubbles. I always had them for your cousins and your Mom and Uncle and my Grandkids. They were my favorite thing to do once spring came around. I would love to have been in that bubble with you and Mommy.

cathybcareers said...

You guys look great in the bubble. Mommy seems like she was laughing alot. That's great.
Love Nana