Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

This is the way we roll

Continental Airlines broke our "old" stroller on the way to Florida. I gate-checked it just like I did both ways to Guatemala and to Florida two other times - a total of 8 flights. But this time, it was sitting there at the door of the plane with one wheel in the seat where Grace is supposed to sit. I was pretty upset when we landed and told the baggage guy exactly how I felt. It is unbelievable that they don't care, don't apologize, tell you that they are not liable for stroller damage unless it is packed in it's original box(!), and make you feel like they are doing you a favor when they lend you a $10 umbrella stroller to replace your nice, comfortable, safe, expensive stroller.

Okay, so I got over the fact that Continental's customer service stinks and we made due with the $10 replacement. At first I thought that I really don't need a new stroller since we have this amazing Bumbleride jogging stroller that is like riding on air. I figured Grace is getting bigger and we really don't use a stroller that much so we could just use that one. But, then I realized what makes it great for running on the trails is what will make it inconvenient in the mall, at the zoo, traveling, etc. It is sturdy but also big, bulky, and heavy (it weighs 20 lbs!).So after doing some research today online and in the stores, I decided to purchase what I hope is our LAST stroller. It is a Maclaren Volo lightweight, foldable stroller. And I mean lightweight - it only weighs 8.5 lbs! My mother's laptop weighs 7 lbs. When I picked it up at the store I couldn't believe it. It folds with one hand and has a carrying strap so you can put it right on your shoulder. I love the raspberry color in the picture. I hope it is as vibrant in person.Well, Nana, we are ready to jump into cabs and buses in New York, Paris, Rome, and anywhere else you want to go. Let's start using the BTST!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

I love the two new strollers

Nana and the BTST is ready to go!! When? Where? I know why!! It's getting warm all over the USA.
Love Nana

Pineapple Princess said...

Sorry about your stroller. The same thing happened to us more than once! Ugh!
We have the Maclaren and give it two thumbs up!!

The Riggs Family said...

We have a MacClaren and love it! It's pretty much the only stroller we use now. :-) Enjoy it!

Phyllis said...

How fun to ride in a new stroller! Can Aunt Phyllis come along? ANYWHERE ANYTIME