Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Egg-cellent Egg-stravaganza

It's snowing outside but that didn't stop us from coloring our Easter eggs today! I got up early this morning and hard-boiled the eggs so we could get right to the fun part after Grace came home from daycare.

I took this just to prove (and remember!) that we had snow a few days before Easter!
I covered the table with newspaper, covered Grace in her painting smock from Italy (Thanks, Nana!), and we got to it!
Here is the result!
Grace seemed very pleased with her eggs. I thought the colors were much brighter than I remember from when I was a kid. We counted them and named all the colors. She knows "yellow" which sounds like "ye-yo" in Grace language!I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all these hard-boiled eggs. I don't mind them, but I certainly don't want to be eating them every day for the next week or so! I thought maybe I could make egg salad. But, then Grace started eating one (I showed her how to peel it)....she actually liked it. Problem solved!
One thing is for sure...we are not hiding them. With the black hole that still exists in this house, we are bound to lose one and "find" it later, if you know what I mean!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome haircut. And my goodness, Grace, what vibrant colored eggs you created. Will you come to my house and dye my eggs?

cathybcareers said...

I love the orange painting smock, fits you great now. Nana is jealous; I wish I was there to help.
PS It was snowing in NYC last night too.
See you soon
Love Nana

Kellie said...

Grace, your eggs are beautiful! I can't believe you did it without spilling anything! You are AMAZING! I wonder if the Easter Bunny will hide plastic eggs for you this year?

Arena Mom said...

Oh I love vibrant colored egg salade! Cute pix! WE are doing ours this Thursday! Don't you just hate this Ohio April snow! Ugh!

Phyllis said...

How fun! Egg coloring with snow outside. Grace, you have one terrific Mom.