Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting ready for school

I wake Grace up at 6:10 AM and within 20 minutes she gets dressed, feeds Daisy two treats (it always has to be two - one each of two different kinds), eats something for breakfast, and we are out the door by 6:30. Some days she is still asleep as I start getting her dressed (poor baby), some days she is really "clingy" and doesn't want me to put her down, and some days -like today - she is ready to get moving. This morning, she got her coat and tried to put it on by herself. I had to laugh and snap these pictures. As you can see, she had the wrong arm in the sleeve so her coat is upside-down! She was a little frustrated but she didn't cry. It doesn't look like it in these photos but I think she was on the verge of laughing at herself.Notice she is wearing her first pair of Nikes! Perfect for running around on the playground.
Yesterday Grace said her first sentence, "I see you!" and today she has been saying, "Bye you". She puts her plastic Easter eggs in her basket, puts the basket on her shoulder, and says "Bye you!". I wonder where she is going?

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Great sneakers!! Are they your first Nikees?
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

Grace, you are growing much too fast for Aunt Phyllis. I hope I get to see you soon, or I won't know you (boo hoo)

Aunt Jill said...

Grace,
When you meet Hannah, I want you to teach her how to get dressed for school in twenty minutes. I'm so proud! You're getting so big!
Love,
Aunt Jill