Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boo at the zoo - Year 2!

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon - the temperature was almost 60 - so it worked out perfectly to go to Boo at the Zoo today. The only problem is that everyone else had the same idea so it was very crowded.Grace made a cute Boots and I dressed up as Dora. I know Swiper was there, but for some reason he remained in hiding and didn't come out to swipe anything today....maybe he'll show up on Saturday when we go Trick-or-Treating....Grace was a little cautious at first, even though we have been practicing saying "Trick or Treat" for the last couple of days. After she got through the first few treat stations she wanted to walk on her own and did a great job carrying her bag up to the people giving out candy. (FYI: Grace has an adorable basket for collecting Halloween candy. But, you are supposed to use the white plastic bag they give you. That is the way they keep track of who paid admission as a trick-or-treater vs. an observer.) I am glad we had today as a "test run" for Grace's costume. Remember Boots is a grey monkey. I started with a mouse costume as the base, altered it to fit her, and added red boots. But after today, I decided to make a few more changes so she looks less like a mouse and is more identifiable as Boots. I hemmed the legs a little more so her boots show off since tucking the pants in didn't work too well. Boots has those tufts of hair on his head, so my mission in the next couple of days is to find something that will work for that and I think Grace is going to carry (or wear!) a banana somewhere on the costume.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh Grace, I think you make the cutest "Boots" ever. the red boots are PERFECT! Lynn, you look like a great Dora too! I wonder where Swiper was today? Looks like everyone had a good time!

cathybcareers said...

Grace and Mommy; You guys looked cute. I wonder why Boots is grey and not brown! Maybe it's to make him different. Mommy told me about those silly people that thought you where a mouse. You look like a great Boots. I can't wait to see the second version of your Boots look. Happy Halloween.
Love Nana

Phyllis said...

Oh MY I SPY...Dora and Monka!!!!!How adorable you both look