Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm becoming a fan

Spring has always been my favorite season with sunshine after a gray winter, flowers peeking through the ground, warm breezes, and the start of something new. But, lately, I am becoming a fan of fall. The weather has been pretty good this year - sunny and not too cold yet. And, you can't beat the colorful display of the the changing leaves. Around here, at least, there is so much to do during fall. October has already been a busy month and it is barely half over.On Sunday, we were invited by Kellie's family to attend their country club's annual fall festival. We joined them last year for this event when Dawson and Grace were not even 1 1/2 years old. Here are a couple of photos from that day:It makes me laugh to see how short their hair was and how much they look like babies. But not anymore....Grace looked like such a big girl today wearing this adorable skirt and sweater set. When I put the tights are her this morning she said, "Mommy, what's that?" She doesn't wear skirts too often. The last time might have been in the summer where bare legs and sandals were more appropriate!Grace and Dawson are both full-fledged toddlers with minds of their own, strong personalities, unending energy, and a sense of humor. I love watching Grace and Dawson interact and giggle together. They loved running around and chasing each other. I loved listening to their breathless laughter.Of course, there was horseback riding. The horses arrived just as we pulled into the parking lot. Grace saw them, looked at me, and asked, "My turn?". She is becoming so comfortable in the saddle. In the afternoon, I asked her how many times she has ridden a horse and her answer was, "Nine". That might be pretty close to the truth!The best part about the horse rides on Sunday was that Dawson rode three times and didn't get upset. Maybe it was because she saw Grace riding, too. And as I walked next to the horse with Grace she kept shouting, "Yea, Dawson!" - cheering her friend on. Grace got her hand painted by a clown. That was a first! I don't like to have her do face painting because her skin is very sensitive and I am concerned she might break out. But she loves stamps, stickers, and now paint on her hand!It was another great fall day with our friends!Did you notice that Dawson and Grace had coordinating outfits? Last year, Kellie and I deliberately had the girls match. But this year, it was just a lucky coincidence.

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Good running and laughing girls.
You two had a fun silly girls weekend. The colors of your clothes match for the backgrounds. Love Nana

Kellie said...

Both of the girls look so happy and I know they had so much fun. What a difference a year makes. They really changed a lot! Thanks for joining us...we love you guys!

Phyllis said...

Gee, Grace, you make me want to be 3 again. You girls look like you are having so much fun. What great Mommies you have. What wonderful experiences to look back on.