Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

After the pool

When I was a teacher, I got 10 weeks off in the summer. When I became an administrator, that changed to about 6 weeks off. This summer, we made an agreement with our superintendent to finish earlier next June. But, in order to do that I have to go back a week sooner this August. So, this summer, I will only be off for about 5 weeks, instead of 6. Now, I know that sounds like a lot of vacation time to some people. But for me, it is a week that I won't get to spend playing with my Grace. So, we are going to squeeze every minute of summer fun out of the time we have together.

Today, we went to the pool for 2 hours after work. It was so much fun to watch her jump from the side of the pool, go down the slide, play in the waterfalls, and willingly put her head all the way under the water. I think she smiled the entire time she was swimming! After the pool, we both just hung out in our cover-ups with no undies! Shhhh....don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Fun times...tell Mommy to enjoy her summer with you.