Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three days, two nights

I am about to do something I haven't done since Grace was put in my arms on March 6, 2008....leave her! Yes, that's right. In over 2 years, I have not spent the night without Grace.

In my "business" there are very few business trips. There is the occasional seminar I need to attend, but since we live pretty close to some larger cities, I can do these in one long day. There are the State and National conventions, but I can choose to attend....or not. And, lately, there has been a lot of "not". But, an opportunity came along a month ago that seemed so good I chose to participate. So, this trip has me leaving tomorrow for three days and two nights.

I have told Grace a couple of times that I am going away for work but it doesn't seem to register or bother her. That is probably because she is going to stay with Kyle and, as she told him this week, she "loves him the most ever!" so I am not concerned that she will be sad. I expect that she will ask where I am. But I will be back before she has too long to feel my absence. I know he will keep her busy with the pool, soccer, playing at the park, eating out, etc. And, there is always school if taking care of a 3-year old 24/7 becomes too much for him!

I am sad for myself. It all sounded good a month ago. But now, as I pack for both of us to be in different places for 1/2 of the week. I don't really want to go....So, I will leave you with this picture of my peanut sleeping in her big bed. You know I will be looking at all the photos on this blog every chance I get in the next few days!

5 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Don't worry Mommy, she will be well protected with Kyle. I am jealous, wish I could be there to help him. Grace looks so tiny in the bed. Be sure to hit the gift shop for goodies for Grace and Kyle.

Kellie said...

Kyle and Grace will do great. You should pick up a good book and TRY to relax and enjoy your trip! Maybe I will catch them at the pool and snap a few pictures for you! See you soon!

Nancy said...

Ooooo...I get it.

Arena Mom said...

Aww...take it is an opportunity to fit a mini vaca in for you. Watch your shoes, read a book, etc. It will be over bfore you know it!

Phyllis said...

Grace, I know you are going to be a big girl while Mommy is gone. The question is: Will Mommy be a Big Girl?????