Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

It takes someone special to be a dad

Grace and I are lucky to have two amazing men in Grace's life who love her, protect her, teach her, and care for her. I am thankful every day for these two men who enrich our lives by just being themselves. I love to watch them nurture Grace and share their special talents with her.

When I see my father with Grace and I hear him talking to her, it brings back memories of being little and growing up with him as my dad. And, I am so glad Grace gets to know and love him. My parents do an incredible job of being a part of our everyday lives even though we live almost 500 miles away.


And, I couldn't have asked for a better person than Kyle to be Grace's dad. There is no doubt how much they love each other. They have their own silly jokes and a whole language that I don't even begin to understand. Sometimes, when I try to chime in, Grace reminds me that I am just out of the loop by "shushing" me or saying, "No, Daddy do (sing, say, etc) that!"
Happy Father's Day, Ba and Daddy!
We love you both very much.

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Ba (Lynn's Dad) said "it makes him happy to listen to the phone messages of Grace talking to him (he has 4 now saved and won't erase them) and learning everyday all the things Lynn and Grace are doing. "
I like the funny things Kyle and Grace do. Especially that Grace know's the difference from football, basketball, soccer and sports on TV.
Happy Father's Day Ba and Kyle.

Phyllis said...

Grace, you sure are a lucky little girl!

Happy Father's Day Ed and Kyle

Kellie said...

Happy Father's Day Ba and Kyle. Grace is so lucky to have both of you in her life! (and you guys are so lucky to have her too!) A perfect match!