Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sugarplum fairy

This afternoon, Grace and I attended the 20th anniversary performance of the Ballet Theater of Ohio's The Nutcracker.  It was really interesting to listen to the director talk about how the show has progressed over the years from their dance school recital where parents made the costumes and sets to the million-dollar performance it is today.  The show was wonderful and Grace loved every minute of it.  I love being with my girl and watching her enjoy the dancing, music, and costumes.
Grace wore her holiday dress. Not bad for a $10 consignment purchase!

Adding the ballerina ornament to her special Christmas tree.  


Outside the theater in her "fur" coat. 


We came home with this beautiful nutcracker.
There were dozens to choose from.  

When Grace saw Santa she immediately reminded him that she saw him last week at the parade. He looked up at me a little, but didn't miss a beat and kept the conversation going.  When Santa asked what she would like for Christmas she asked for Stompeeze slippers.  I have to wonder if Grace has a little strategy going on here...she tells something different to each Santa she sees.   Maybe that is her way of trying to get a lot of presents!

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Wow, what a Big Girl in that Fur Coat and Dress. I love how she wears her cross as dress up too!
Ba is going to look at the pictures later on his Ipad. Once I teach him how.

Phyllis said...

I cannot believe how grown up you look! Your Nutcracker is beautiful, and you will have him forever. I love your dress and your fur coat!