Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Just like Mommy

We borrowed a very appropriate book from the library today, called Me and My Mom, by Alison Ritchie. What attracted me to the book was the cover with two adorable bears on it. Each time we visit the library, in order not to be overwhelmed with the choices, I try to go with a "theme" in mind - the color red, numbers, an upcoming holiday, etc. Grace had been talking about "bears" as we walked in the door, so I looked for books with bears as the characters. But, what made this book great was that the little bear in the book tried to do everything "just like mom"! How appropriate for my toddler who has been imitating everything I do - talking on the phone, cooking, putting money in her purse, going shopping with her baby in the cart, putting the baby to sleep, doing laundry, driving... That can be a good thing and it can be...well, I guess you know I have been on my best behavior since a little someone is always watching me!

Tonight, Grace wanted to clean the floors. Who am I to argue?I just might hire her out to start saving for her college fund!She also does bathrooms.And she doesn't even stop for potty breaks!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Good cleaning Grace. You look like Mommy's "Merry Maid".
Love Nana

Arena Mom said...

Love the pix! We have a similar book, but with tigers, called something like "Just like my mom". It is very fitting for this age. Grace looks just adorable. Hey, if we get them together, maybe the two fo them could clean a whole house??

Kellie said...

How did I end up with a kid that just messes up? Cleaning up is NOT one of Dawson's favorite things to do! May I borrow Grace for a few days? It will take that long to clean up around my house!

Phyllis said...

Grace, my dear, you are starting out on the wrong foot...Do like Uncle Mickey does, use your finger to do the walking and call in a MAID, LOL