Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There were ten in the bed...

And the little one said....Just in the last week or so, Grace has become attached to her stuffed animals and blanket. She wants to take the blanket with her when we go out, but most of the time, I can convince her that "we don't take blankets to school" or the store, or the park, or gymnastics...

At night, she wants to sleep with her stuffed dolls. Each night I ask her, "Who do you want to sleep with tonight?' and generally the answer is Abby (aka Abby Cadabby) or Cooka (Cookie Monster) but it ends up that she sleeps with 5 or 6 stuffed animals. They have to be lined up next to and around her almost as if they are sleeping with her. I don't have a problem with this, if it is what she needs to comfort herself. After all, I have been pretty lucky that Grace is a good sleeper.

This is how I found her last night when I went in to check on her about 2 hours after I put her to bed. You can see, her "friends" didn't move too far from their original positions.

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace; You look like Ba sleeping; but his "comfort items" are 5-6 pillows all around him. I love Abby best. She is so pretty.
Love Nana

Susan said...

I like how Elmo is keeping watch over her. Do you think he is making sure no critters fly into her mouth?

Kellie said...

You look so comfortable and cozy! I love how many friends you have that sleep with you. I think you need a few more to fill up that bed!!!