Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting ready for "Panda"monium

Months ago, I decided to book The Little Gym for Grace's 3rd birthday party. She loves going to gymnastics each week and of the three different gymnastics schools we have attended they do the best job - by far! My original thoughts were to do an Olympic theme for the party until Grace saw these cupcakes in a cookbook........and told me "I want them for my birthday, Mom!" So, I had to figure out a way to tie pandas into the gymnastics party theme. After a lot of searching on the internet, I found these adorable 2-sided invitations with a subtle panda theme.The table decorations and balloons will all be in red, white, and black and all the kids will take home red Chinese takeout containers with panda-themed presents inside as party favors. My favorite is "panda poo" - yogurt covered raisins with a clever poem about a panda eating bamboo and leaving this "present" behind. Although "potty humor" is BIG in our house right now, that joke is more for the adults than the kids, I guess!

4 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Those cupcakes are great! Ba can't wait to help make them for Grace's party. See you soon.

Phyllis said...

Grace, Aunt Phyl is laughing about panda poo...those cupcakes that you want Mommy to make are amazing. Save one for Aunt Phyl

The Riggs Family said...

I finally got that book! I can't wait to see how the cupcakes turn out. You are so creative with the whole party thing. :-)

Kellie said...

Those cupcakes are amazing! Let me know if you need help...not cooking...I'll watch Grace! Haha!