Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Playing outside

The last day of April was AMAZING! The temperature on my car thermometer read 84 degrees as we drove to Kyle's house to cook dinner on the grill. Grace had fun riding her bicycle, which she has finally mastered. For a long time she didn't want to try riding it, but now she understands how to move her legs in a circle to get the pedals around. And, she re-discovered the helmet we bought the first summer she was home. Now, she asks to wear it. (I pushed it back on her head so I could see her face for the photos.) She is getting to be such a big girl, but in these photos she looks like a baby to me. (Especially in the last one. She looks like she has chubby baby legs!) In a way, I am glad there is still some "baby" in her. She is growing up way too fast. I feel like I am not getting enough time to enjoy each moment. Ahhhh, but back to the bike. I think by the summer she might be ready for a "big girl" bike. We tried out some 12-inch ones with training wheels at Toys R Us and they were the perfect fit!
Grace has different shorts on here...this was after a potty accident.
I guess it was too much fun playing outside to stop to use the bathroom!
After dinner we left all the dishes on the table and went out in the yard to play ball. Well, Kyle and Grace played, I took photos, and Daisy just sat in the grass enjoying the sunshine.This is the smile I got when I told Grace I was not taking pictures of her. Gotta love that reverse psychology!I love the wooden fence and the rocks in these photos! I am going to have to remember that for a "planned" photo shoot someday.
What's that on her face? Sun-dried tomato tilapia! Yes, my girl loves her fish!She also has a crusty, runny nose. I think Grace has allergies. She has been telling me her eyes are itchy. Poor baby!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute shirt on a very cute girl. I don't comment a lot, but I love every single post on this blog and hope you keep up with it until Grace is at least 30.

Phyllis said...

Great photos Mommy...looks like Kyle is training a soccer star!

Kellie said...

I love the fence pictures too! Something about the texture makes the pictures so unique! Looks like Grace is getting ready for upcoming soccer season.....she's going to love it!