Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A new fascination

In the last week Grace has become really interested in what she calls "doing her art".
Although I have tried to engage her in coloring, cutting, gluing, and painting, craft projects didn't hold her interest for more than a few minutes before she was off to something else. But lately experimenting with different art supplies has occupied her attention for 20-30 minutes at a time. That is pretty long for a 3-year old! So, this weekend we went to the local craft store and some dollar stores to stock up on all kinds of things to supply Grace with enough (cheap!) pom-poms, glitter glue, crayons, paint pens, construction paper, stickers, etc. to encourage her creativity. Mostly, I just set out some things and let her do whatever she wants. I love when she tells me these elaborate stories about what she is creating!And if you know me, you know there are some structured, season/holiday craft projects in our near future!

BTW - This is the messy-grungy-I-had-a-fun-day-at-daycare look Grace sports most evenings after school and dinner. She is going to take a bath in about 5 minutes!

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Grace and Mommy, I am sure you will have boxes filled of the "art" Be sure to put dates on everything. These days I am in my laminating everything mode for placements. Very funny.

Kellie said...

We love your art Grace! Maybe you can come over here and do some art with Dawson soon!

Phyllis said...

Creative, so very creative! Grace you do very nice work.