Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Third time's a charm

I finally smartened up. For the third year we made a gingerbread house for Christmas, but this is the first time I bought the house already assembled. The first year, I didn't know you could buy them that way. I was just happy to get a kit so I didn't actually have to bake the walls. The second year, I couldn't find a pre-assembled house until after the holidays. But this year, I was ready. I knew where to go to get one and I was thrilled not to have to mix icing and prop walls up while they dry. It was much more fun to be able to concentrate on the fun part...decorating! Oh, yeah, and eating too much candy in the process!
Carefully making a pattern.
She loved squeezing the icing.
Almost finished.
Grace decided to add the snowman she
made at Dawon's house last night.
What a great finishing touch!

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Nana and Ba love your house. Ba thinks you are an artist. Good job Mama and Grace.

Phyllis said...

What a lovely house you guys made. This is worthy of a Christmas card, for sure. I hope you didn't eat too much candy, and I love your snowman

Kellie said...

Great job Grace! I wonder how much candy you ate? We like the snowman next to the house. Dawson did the same thing last night with her snowman...how funny!