Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

That was a lot of fun, Mom!

Kellie hosted an Easter brunch and egg hunt at her house today.  There where three "little" girls and two "big" girls.  They had a lot of fun playing together and searching for the eggs that were hidden around the perimeter of the house.  It was so nice to see Grace playing and laughing with other children her own age.  I know she gets this type of peer interaction all day during the week at school, but when I hear her at home on the weekends playing alone and narrating her play to herself, I feel sad that she doesn't have a sibling or close neighborhood friends to play with all the time.  It is so different than when I grew up - we just went outside and there were kids everywhere to play with!  I remember my parents saying to come home when the street lights went on.  Things are sure different now!

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Wow that's some Big Girl Outfit!
Looks like fun, I wanted to go to the park for the Easter Hunt, but it was cold and rainy yesterday.
Happy Easter Girls!

Phyllis said...

LOL Nana said what I wanted to say: Such a big girl outfit! Looks like you had a lot of fun on your Easter Egg hunt!