Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

1 and 20 - Another milestone

We reached another milestone this week. On Monday, Grace weighed in at 20 pounds, meeting the legal requirement to turn her car seat to the forward-facing position (you have to be 1 year old and at least 20 pounds to do this). So, last night at about 11:00 when I couldn't fall asleep, I decided to tackle changing the seat position for her. I didn't make this decision lightly because if you have been reading this blog you know how hard the seat was to get securely into the car the first time. (If you don't remember see the post from February 28, 2008 entitled "The hardest thing I have had to do"). I figured it was going to be a long night of battling with the seat. But, it was MUCH easier this time. I unhooked it, cleaned all the crumbs and broken cookies that got caught between the child safety seat and the car cushion, turned the seat around, and reattached it. Over these last months someone advised me to kneel on the seat as I tighten the belts. I did that this time and it feels really secure! Mission accomplished. Now my girl can see where we are going instead of looking at the seat behind her. She can stretch out her legs if she wants to and has room to grow. We will both have to adjust to not having the mirror attached to the headrest, though. Right now I can barely see Grace's adorable face in my rearview mirror, because she is still small. But after our first ride together to the pool this morning she has already figured out that she can see me that way too, if she stretches a little!

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Not sure if this makes me happy or sad!! Grace is growing up too fast!!

Love Nana

Anonymous said...

This is big! Happy and safe travels to both of you!

Love,
Aunt Jill