Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm sure you have heard of "Dances with Wolves"

Well, maybe Grace's movie title should be "Sleeps with Dogs". Lately she has shown a fascination with all things Daisy. She has a special song for Daisy - a high-pitched singsong monologue that she only uses for the dog. She follows Daisy around the house (not always pleasant for Daisy who often moves to a new spot). I have seen Grace go into Daisy's toy basket and pull out all the dog toys, sometimes playing with those instead of her own. Months ago, when Grace first started to crawl she would crawl up to a ball and pick it up in her mouth. That is when I first started to think she was spending too much time with the dog! In the last week or so, Grace has been sitting and laying on Daisy's dog bed, which Daisy hasn't used in months since she is too big for it now. And she has been curious about Daisy's crate, which sits in our kitchen/breakfast nook area. She had been opening the door and looking in, sometimes when Daisy was there and sometimes when she was not.

Well, yesterday, Daisy had an encounter with a dead mole and smelled awful. She got her teeth brushed and a bath and I took the cushion out of her crate to wash it. Everything got sprayed with antibacterial cleaner and it was all smelling fresh and clean. It wasn't too appealing to Daisy who apparently didn't like that I cleaned away all that good camouflage scent. But it must have been the incentive Grace needed because she climbed right in. Oh, and she was so pleased with herself when she was in there. Laughing and opening and closing the door from the inside! I took pictures and then thought this wasn't something I really wanted to advertise on the blog to the whole world, so I deleted them. Then, later that evening she went in again when Daisy was already inside! Again, I took some shots of the two of them, but Grace was having such a good time that she wouldn't sit still, so again, I deleted them.

She was in there again this morning...and here is the result. I suppose there are worse things she could do....Right?

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Since the closest thing to Grace, at her level, is Daisy, then it is only natural that she would imitate her. Now,if she starts barking and eating doggy biscuits, then it is time to worry, LOL. Cute shot. You should not have deleted the others. Love, Aunt Phyl

cathybcareers said...

Very cute, I cut and pasted the story into my email and sent it to alot of my friends.

Big Daddy was laughing tonight when I showed him the article and photo.

Love Nana