Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Friends

I met Kellie back in January when I decided to get serious about turning my home office into a bedroom for Grace. I was shopping at World Market and Kellie was ahead of me in line. I heard her mention to the cashier that she was adopting a baby from Guatemala. We talked briefly and learned that our daughters were a month apart in age. Fast forward 7 months and here we are. Kellie and I met again today - this time with our girls. Dawson just turned one, walks beautifully, and is absolutely adorable. If you want to see more pictures of Dawson go to http://www.dawsonohara.blogspot.com

Before going to lunch we attended a class together at The Little Gym. Basically, it is a pre-gymnastics class for children under 18 months old. The 13 children who were there are all at different stages of walking, but the instructor was able to get everyone involved. We even did some tumbling (well, thankfully, the parents only spotted the kids...we didn't have to tumble!). The floor of the room was covered in mats and there were many different types of gymnastics equipment - beams, parallel bars, a trampoline and spring board, etc. At first, I think Grace was a little overwhelmed. I don't think she has been anywhere with this many children tumbling, ringing bells, and chasing after balls. But she eventually warmed up and seemed to enjoy exploring the different equipment (with Mommy's help, of course!) - a great way to develop gross motor coordination and social skills.

Dawson shows Grace how to maneuver the parallel bars

Grace is so proud of herself. I need one of these in our house!
(Thanks, Kellie, for helping to get her to smile!)

Look at that balance!

All smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace,
It looks like you are having so much fun at My Gym. Did you meet Mymo? I think he is the gym monkey there! I think you are growing and I'm so proud of your balancing act!

Love,
Aunt Jill

Phyllis said...

She looks so proud of herself!!