Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Opening presents

I think I am more excited about Christmas this year than Grace is! We are lucky to have so many friends and family that have been so generous that Grace has been able to open and enjoy some presents already. I try not to overindulge and I hope that she is learning to appreciate what she has. By opening presents a little early I think she has more time to play with and appreciate each one.

This morning we had a little time to relax together so I let her open a LeapFrog Clickstart cordless keyboard. You "connect" it to your TV and the television becomes the computer monitor. It comes with 4 games (each with two different levels) and it teaches colors, numbers, letters, and keyboarding and mouse skills. We tried it out right away and I can see that it is just a little bit above her level, but she was able to play some of the games to a limited extent. And she was very proud of herself when she saw something happen on the screen (like paint splashing, fruit dropping into baskets, etc.) The best part is when I walked away to let her do it on her own, I heard her saying, "Mommy, I got a G (or an H, P, W, S....). The game showed the letter, said its name and sound, and put up a picture that started with that letter on the screen as she touched the keyboard. I know Grace just repeating what she heard, but some of those were letters we haven't even talked about yet. I was impressed.

C'mon Mom. Let's go try it out!

3 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Oh, that looks like a great game! I may have to look for that for May's bday. Love Grace's shirt! Have a great time in FL!!

Kellie said...

We can't wait to open our presents too. I wonder what we got from Grace? I hope Santa brings you everything you ask for. Keep us posted!

Phyllis said...

Grace, you are going to have more "Christmas'" than anyone this year...Lucky you Aunt Phyl can't wait to see you