Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Preschool performance

Once again a high school event at work coincided with an event at Grace's preschool (the other time was October 30th for Halloween). Today, it was the high school swing choir and a preschool holiday performance. So I slipped out of work to go see my girl perform with her friends. All I can say is "hysterical"! I was shocked to find that there were about 40-50 adults present, some equipped with some serious photography and video paraphernalia! Then they added ALL the preschoolers into the same classroom until there were close to 80 people packed in like sardines! I thought I got lucky to be in the front row, but that quickly became the 5th row when the kids sat on the floor in front. And, they didn't really sit, so you will see their little heads popping up in the video clips.Each group had a theme....even the infants performed (with the help of their caregivers, of course!) You can see these little elves peeking through the window into the room....no doubt looking for their moms and dads in the crowd.Then came the little toddlers all dressed up as reindeer.Grace's group (what they call Discovery Preschool) was supposed to dress in red or white on top for their peppermint stick theme, which was the topic of the rhyme in this video. I have to laugh at how Grace is just staring into the crowd and then does her own thing by wandering around....that's my Grace! She has her own agenda.


For their second act, Grace's class sang and danced to a song called, "Snowflake, Snowflake". I know she knows the words because she has been singing them at home all week. But, I didn't see her mouth move at all during this song! She does do the dance, though, along with move around the group to check out her classmates, her teachers, the CD player.... This video gives you a better idea of how much activity was going on all at once in the room - just one big, happy family!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I love the videos! It gives me a sense of what's going on with Grace and she is as cute as ever! Can you believe how big she is getting? My favorite part is the snowflake song...adorable!

Phyllis said...

Grace,you are just too independent, lol. Love it