Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Run, run as fast as you can...

...you can't catch the gingerbread man!Yesterday, Grace invited her friends Mayna and Dawson (and their moms!) over for brunch, playtime, and cookie decorating. I set up a table and chairs we borrowed from Kellie and Dawson as a place for the girls to eat and do their craft.Grace was funny....she got dressed in a cute holiday dress and red tights but instead of shoes she wanted to wear her slippers! When we were ready to get messy, the girls wore matching snowmen aprons. We started with pre-baked gingerbread men and then let the kids have fun getting creative and decorating them with "paint", icing, and some small candies. They seemed to have a great time!
Great tripod grip, Dawson!
The "paint" was an experiment that worked out pretty well. The recipe was 1 tablespoon of corn syrup mixed with a few drops of food coloring. Using new paint brushes, each girl had a paper cup with her own color and then switched for their second cookies.They also used icing tubes as the "glue" for their decorations.We decided to save Grace's finished cookies to leave out for Santa. Isn't he lucky? He gets to eat the masterpieces she created!
One other thing....I didn't do a Thanksgiving post on the blog this year. Everyone knows I am most thankful for Grace, but the truth is, I have so many things to be thankful for that there was no way I could list them all in one blog post. Today, though, I was reminded how grateful I am that I met two amazing, like-minded women - Aimee and Kellie - through our daughters. They are wonderful moms and successful career women, who are both easy-going, fun to be around, and people I hope to have as friends for a very long time. We have a great time whenever we get together and it feels like we have known each other forever. AND they both love taking photos as much as I do. I have them to thank for the great pictures of the girls today. For more great photos check out their blogs here and here.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Lynn, you are the perfect hostess! Dawson and I had an amazing time yesterday. Our lunch was delicious and it seemed like the sausage was a hit with the girls! The table was adorable and every detail was perfect. We love spending time with you guys! Next comes our Chinese outing!

Arena Mom said...

That was the best time Lynn!! I think the girls will continue to play and interact even more as they see each other more often. We went home and actually ate one of the cookies...she ate every last bite, so they must have been good! WE are saving the rest for Santa too!! I am so glad we all met too!! Adoption creates such a special community and even more so when you find people you have so much in common with!

Phyllis said...

Those cookies sure look yummy!! Wish I had one