Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Goldilocks

We took Grace to the furniture store yesterday to try out some "big girl" beds. With her 3rd birthday a month away I figured it is time to start considering moving her from the crib to a twin bed. She is not climbing out of the crib and she seems pretty happy in there, but at 37 inches tall and about 31 pounds she is getting difficult for me to lift in the early mornings when I have to get her out of bed before she is even awake. Sometimes, she even holds onto the crib bars, covers herself with her blanket, and moves to the farthest corner just to make it harder for me to get her!

I did a lot of searching on the internet and found the bed I wanted. Then, I found a local furniture store that would order it for me. We went there today so I could choose a mattress and so Grace could have the experience of shopping for her bed. We let her try a lot of them like Goldilocks tried out the bears' beds. She seemed to like the loft and bunk beds the most, but it would give me a heart attack or lots of sleepless nights if she were sleeping up that high.

So here is the bed that is coming to our house in 4-6 weeks....

4 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Beautiful! Love it! They all love bunk beds for some reason! Haha!

cathybcareers said...

Nana and, especially, Ba love the bed. Next steps shopping for bespread, sheets and pillows. Have fun. Nana wants to knit a blanket too!

Kellie said...

I really like Grace's new bed. You can do so much with that bed! Can't wait to see the bedding. I'm still struggling with finding bedding I like...good luck!

Phyllis said...

what a pretty bed..Grace will feel like a princess